What is Digital Live-Stream?
New to SMK: Digital Excellence, the Digital Live-stream is a monthly online live broadcast, which focuses exclusively on the latest digital marketing updates and developments on Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, FB Messenger, YouTube and Snapchat.
There are literally hundreds of platform updates, each quarter, which impact: digital strategy, tactics and implementation. However, they are not equally important.
SMK Digital Live-Stream identifies the key digital marketing updates, what they mean and how to apply them in your business.
This exclusive 3 hour Live-stream was hosted by SMK’s Executive Director; James Fitzgerald, on Friday 6th April 2018. It features the most impactful Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest & Twitter developments, latest market insights and platform updates between Oct 2017 – 5th April 2018.
What is featured in this Digital Live-Stream?
Local Usage Figures: Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest & Twitter
- Who uses them and for how long?
- Who’s a niche player and why?
- How do the little guys stack up against Google and Facebook in AU/NZ?
- Why the Google and Facebook’s duopoly gravy train will slow down
- How do the little guys stack up against the rest of the local web?
- If Pinterest reaches more Aussies/Kiwis than many local big players, why don’t marketers invest more?
Why Smaller Players Are YOUR Big Opportunity
- How is Instagram saving Facebook’s bacon?
- Which niche platforms have big organic reach?
- If Snapchat is dead why is its marketing investment doubling each year?
- Why does everyone think Snapchat’s expensive, when it’s not?
- How is it only now, at 12 years old, that LinkedIn becomes a proper marketing solution?
- If you were going to spend on anything on LinkedIn what should it be?
- Why is Pinterest one of the most innovative of all platforms?
Smashing Organic Reach With Stories & Video
- Why is every man and his dog copying Snapchat Stories?
- Are Stories the new News Feed?
- Why Stories are great for organic reach
- Why Stories will come to your website soon
- LinkedIn video stops/starts being lame
- Video filters and Augmented Reality (AR) abounding
- Better publishing controls and proofing come to LinkedIn
- How to stop LinkedIn trolling on your content
- How and why B2B marketers are betting big on LinkedIn video
- The camera killed the keyboard
- Managing and scaling ephemeral content
- Instagram Stories get a bit easier
- How to squeeze more life of Instagram Stories
- Instagram Regrams, sort of, kind of, coming
- Instagram’s new Facebook Messenger clone
- Don’t bother with Snapchat organic posts, unless…
Why Snapchat’s Getting A 2018 Marketing Boom
- Did you know Snapchat will pay you to advertise?
- How to run and target Instagram and Snapchat Stories ads
- Snapchat content marketing reaching beyond Snapchat
- How Snapchat deconstructs social media, and the rest will follow
- What the Snapchat redesign means for marketers
- Why Snapchat’s not a crap place to market now
- Snapchat self-service tool rips off Facebook Biz Manager
- How to remarket and use databases to target adverts on Snapchat
- Installing the Snapchat Pixel
- Setting up advanced Snapchat conversion tracking
Super Smart Ads, Ecommerce & New Awesome Optimisation Features
- How and why the niche players are winning on ecommerce
- Why all consumer brands need to do Pinterest Promoted pins
- Pinterest’s new SEM style ad targeting
- How Snapchat sold all Nike’s Air Jordans in 23 minutes
- Instagram’s new shoppable posts are a dream come true
- Shoppable posts will seal success or doom to failure many influencers
- Setting up Instagram’s ecommerce integration
- Syncing Instagram shoppable posts via FB Biz Manager
- Why businesses on Instagram need to have a Business Profile
- Advanced dynamic ads on Facebook and Instagram
- Why Intent based targeting on Instagram and Facebook is the bomb
- New and advanced intent-based optimisation features for Instagram
- Facebook Lead Ads get much better
- Scheduling calls and appointments with Lead Ads
- LinkedIn’s shiny new ad features
- LinkedIn data capture goes thermos-nuclear
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How can I get access to the Digital Live-Streams?
- Buy lifetime access to the April Digital Live-Stream Playback
Get instant access to the April SMK: Digital Excellence Playback here, for only $495 +GST.
Join SMK: Digital Excellence and access all Live-Streams and Playbacks for a year
Access to all SMK Digital Live-Streams, and Playbacks, are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Digital Live-Streams take place every month, with Playbacks available on demand, for members. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
SMK: Digital Excellence is SMK’s new digital marketing community; created for individuals, agencies, Not-For-Profits and brands looking to stay at the forefront of digital disruption and marketing innovation. Find out more here.
Get started now!
Who is Digital Live-Stream for?
Simply put, Digital Live-streams are for anyone who needs to keep on top of the most important social media and digital marketing developments:
Why should I use Digital Live-Stream?
Keeping on top of the latest developments in social media, search, email, mobile, content, analytics etc. is hard. For example, the first six months of 2017 alone saw 28 Google search algorithm updates, according to SEMRush.
The major digital players roll out updates within their respective eco-systems weekly. Whether it’s Facebook News-Feed tweaks, Google search updates or new ad products launching within Instagram or LinkedIn. Ensuring your digital marketing activity is up-to-date can become a full-time job.
That’s where SMK: Digital Excellence comes in. You see, keeping on top of these weekly developments is, in fact, SMK’s fulltime job. Which means it doesn’t need to be yours.
Which is good.
It means you can do the job you get paid for. Confident in your digital Intellectual Property (IP). Ensuring you don’t get ‘upgraded’, for a more digitally savvy model…