Digital Live Stream Playback: Mar 2018
Facebook & Messenger digital marketing optimisations, updates & new features [Sept 2017 – Mar 2018]
What is Digital Live-Stream?
New to SMK: Digital Excellence, the Digital Live-stream is a monthly online live broadcast, which focuses exclusively on the latest digital marketing updates and developments on Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, FB Messenger, YouTube and Snapchat.
There are literally hundreds of platform updates, each quarter, which impact: digital strategy, tactics and implementation. However, they are not equally important.
SMK Digital Live-Stream identifies the key digital marketing updates, what they mean and how to apply them in your business.
This exclusive 3 hour Live-stream was hosted by SMK’s Executive Director; James Fitzgerald, on Friday 2nd March 2018. It features the most impactful Facebook & Messenger developments, latest market insights and platform updates between 1st September 2017 – 1st March 2018.
What is featured in this Digital Live-Stream?
What’s gone wrong with the Facebook News Feed?
- Mark Zuckerberg’s major News Feed pivot
- Consumers falling out of love with Facebook
- Are we seeing the death of News Feed video?
- Pre and post 2018 Facebook News Feed ranking factors
- What do UniLad, fake news and alleged Russian trolls have in common?
- Why are beautiful people on Instagram making us sick?
- With ex-Facebook leaders worried about toxicity, should brands be?
- Who are the biggest losers and winners on major 2018 News Feed changes?
- The birth and death of the second Facebook News Feed. For now.
How can businesses survive the Facebook organic reach collapse?
- Will new video launches hold key for organic reach?
- Knowing the difference between good and bad Facebook engagement
- News Feed Clickbait crackdowns
- Are Reactions or Comments the ‘new black’?
- New authority and legitimacy ranking factors
- Grassroots, community and local content growth
- SoLoMo 2.0
- Thought Facebook Groups were dead? Think again
- How to not stuff Groups up, this time
- Building and promoting Facebook Groups
- New and improved Group admin, features, functions and analytics
- How and why Facebook Groups might gate-crash Influencer Marketing
- Facebook Branded Content updates scuttling influencers and publishers
Facebook Analytics, Messenger and Ad game-changers
- Better Facebook Analytics funnels, reporting and dashboards
- Organic Reach drops 20% due to formula rejig
- Facebook kills dozens of metrics and KPIs
- Building Facebook Messenger into your website
- New features and functions for Messenger site integrations
- Advanced Messenger subscriptions and broadcasting
- Killer Messenger marketing tools
- Super-smart Messenger ads revisited
- New features to help your Facebook ad budget work harder
- Tailoring and scaling Facebook ad creative
- Power Editor is dead, long live Ads Manager
- How to generate 6,000 versions of your Facebook ads
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How can I get access to the Digital Live-Streams?
- Buy lifetime access to the March Digital Live-Stream Playback
Get instant access to the March SMK: Digital Excellence Playback here, for only $495 +GST. Normally priced at $795.00 + GST
Join SMK: Digital Excellence and access all Live-Streams and Playbacks for a year
Access to all SMK Digital Live-Streams, and Playbacks, are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Digital Live-Streams take place every month, with Playbacks available on demand, for members. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
SMK: Digital Excellence is SMK’s new digital marketing community; created for individuals, agencies, Not-For-Profits and brands looking to stay at the forefront of digital disruption and marketing innovation. Find out more here.
Get started now!
Who is Digital Live-Stream for?
Simply put, Digital Live-streams are for anyone who needs to keep on top of the most important social media and digital marketing developments:
Why should I use Digital Live-Stream?
Keeping on top of the latest developments in social media, search, email, mobile, content, analytics etc. is hard. For example, the first six months of 2017 alone saw 28 Google search algorithm updates, according to SEMRush.
The major digital players roll out updates within their respective eco-systems weekly. Whether it’s Facebook News-Feed tweaks, Google search updates or new ad products launching within Instagram or LinkedIn. Ensuring your digital marketing activity is up-to-date can become a full-time job.
That’s where SMK: Digital Excellence comes in. You see, keeping on top of these weekly developments is, in fact, SMK’s fulltime job. Which means it doesn’t need to be yours.
Which is good.
It means you can do the job you get paid for. Confident in your digital Intellectual Property (IP). Ensuring you don’t get ‘upgraded’, for a more digitally savvy model…