What is Digital Live-Stream?
New to SMK: Digital Excellence, the Digital Live-stream is a monthly online live broadcast, which focuses exclusively on the latest digital marketing updates and developments on Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, FB Messenger, YouTube and Snapchat.
There are literally hundreds of platform updates, each quarter, which impact: digital strategy, tactics and implementation. However, they are not equally important.
SMK Digital Live-Stream identifies the key digital marketing updates, what they mean and how to apply them in your business.
This exclusive 3 hour Live-stream was hosted by SMK’s Executive Director; James Fitzgerald, on Monday 7th May 2018. It features the most impactful Google SEO, AdWords, YouTube, Google Analytics & Gmail developments, latest market insights and platform updates between Nov 2017 – 5th May 2018.
What is featured in this Digital Live-Stream?
Google trends, challenges and opportunities
- Google’s big advertising and SEO plans for 2018
- How search now impacts the user journey
- Why Google wants marketers to trust its artificial intelligence (AI)
- How and why Google smashes Facebook
- How and why this won’t last for ever
- Google’s shift from online referral engine to answers engine
- How and why Google is fixing its crappy display advertising products
Surviving Google’s Mobile-First pivot
- What is Google’s new Mobile-First Index?
- How and why does the Mobile-First Index impact all organisations?
- Why your website’s probably not mobile friendly enough
- Testing and optimising mobile web performance
- Using Google Search Console to optimise mobile performance
- Why page load-speed is everything in 2018
- How and why Google killed search for one week in March 2018
Smart and safe Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in 2018
- Why is SEO going to boom in 2018/2019?
- What Google’s Mobile-First strategy means for SEO
- Why is SEO about more than websites in 2018?
- How and why SEO is getting simpler and better for businesses
- Why ranking on ‘Page 2’ might not matter any more
Making the most of Google My Business (GMB)
- What is Google My Business and how to use
- Amplifying content marketing with Google My Business
- Customer service in search results via Google My Business
- How Google’s helping business make money straight from search
New Google AdWords interface, targeting & GDPR
- The new and improved Google AdWords user interface
- Why Google ads are WAY easier in 2018
- How Google AdWords copied Facebook Ads Manager
- Using your customer database to target via Google AdWords
- Tracking audiences from YouTube into your store
- Why Google Attribution could be a game-changer
- Thinking about smarter attribution via Google AdWords & Analytics
- What the GDPR means for marketing and comms professionals in AU/NZ
- Why everyone needs to use Dynamic creative in AdWords
Unlocking INTENT via the Google Display Network (GDN)
- Translating Google’s killer search intent to online banner ads
- How does the Google Display Network (GDN) compare to Facebook?
- How is the GDN improving to compete with Facebook?
- Using the GDN to target those ‘thinking’ about having a baby…
- Using the GDN to target those ‘thinking’ about getting married…
- Using the GDN to target those ‘thinking’ about moving home…
- Mind-blowing new intent-based GDN targeting options
YouTube brand safety and new advanced features
- How and why YouTube is booming
- Why Facebook’s loss is YouTube’s gain
- Maintaining brand safety on YouTube
- How to not fund jihadis on YouTube
- Why marketers need to take control of their own brand safety
- How to combine search and YouTube to win
- Why YouTube wants videos 14 mins plus…
- YouTube’s advanced dynamic creative options
- How to do smart remarketing on YouTube
- Smart new Google ad extensions for Search and YouTube
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How can I get access to the Digital Live-Streams?
- Buy lifetime access to the May Digital Live-Stream Playback
Get instant access to the May SMK: Digital Excellence Playback here, for only $495 +GST.
Join SMK: Digital Excellence and access all Live-Streams and Playbacks for a year
Access to all SMK Digital Live-Streams, and Playbacks, are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Digital Live-Streams take place every month, with Playbacks available on demand, for members. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
SMK: Digital Excellence is SMK’s new digital marketing community; created for individuals, agencies, Not-For-Profits and brands looking to stay at the forefront of digital disruption and marketing innovation. Find out more here.
Get started now!
Who is Digital Live-Stream for?
Simply put, Digital Live-streams are for anyone who needs to keep on top of the most important social media and digital marketing developments:
Why should I use Digital Live-Stream?
Keeping on top of the latest developments in social media, search, email, mobile, content, analytics etc. is hard. For example, the first six months of 2017 alone saw 28 Google search algorithm updates, according to SEMRush.
The major digital players roll out updates within their respective eco-systems weekly. Whether it’s Facebook News-Feed tweaks, Google search updates or new ad products launching within Instagram or LinkedIn. Ensuring your digital marketing activity is up-to-date can become a full-time job.
That’s where SMK: Digital Excellence comes in. You see, keeping on top of these weekly developments is, in fact, SMK’s fulltime job. Which means it doesn’t need to be yours.
Which is good.
It means you can do the job you get paid for. Confident in your digital Intellectual Property (IP). Ensuring you don’t get ‘upgraded’, for a more digitally savvy model…