What is Digital Live-Stream?
New to SMK: Digital Excellence, the Digital Live-stream is a monthly online live broadcast, which focuses exclusively on the latest digital marketing updates and developments on Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, FB Messenger, YouTube and Snapchat.
There are literally hundreds of platform updates, each quarter, which impact: digital strategy, tactics and implementation. However, they are not equally important.
SMK Digital Live-Stream identifies the key digital marketing updates, what they mean and how to apply them in your business.
This exclusive 3.5 hour Live-stream was hosted by SMK’s Executive Director; James Fitzgerald. It features the most impactful Facebook & Messenger developments, latest market insights and platform updates between June - December 2019.
This Facebook Live-Stream covered the following topics:
- Facebook’s 2019 year in review
- What Facebook’s changing strategy means for marketers
- Key front-end and back-end platform updates
- Surviving Facebook’s diminishing returns
- How marketers are working harder and getting less
- Rethinking the role of Facebook in marcomms
- How and why social brand building will dominate 2020
- How digital marketing has fed short-termism
- Rebalancing awareness and performance activity
- Full-funnel Facebook thinking
- Balancing branding and traffic campaigns
- Intelligent Facebook audience segmentation tactics
- Avoiding social audience fatigue and saturation
- Managing audiences across multiple campaigns
- Accessing advanced Facebook auction insights
- More interactive & engaging Facebook video campaigns
- Why Facebook video spend will pop in 2020
- New interactive Poll Video ads & more
- Latest updates for organic & paid evaluation
- A recalculation for organic reach
- Streamlining and tailoring ad reporting
- Better balancing creative thinking with data
- Why creative will rule the roost in 2020
- Smart new Facebook optimisation tools
- Facebook’s bold new influencer marketing tools
- Why Facebook’s betting big on influencers this year
- Facebook Brand Collabs Manager overview
- Maximising Branded Content, while managing brand safety
- Branded Content campaign ideas
- Protecting brand safety and avoiding YouTube meltdowns on Facebook
Start1. Agenda (10:57)
Start2. Facebook’s 2019 year in review (13:55)
Start3. Surviving Facebook’s diminishing returns (15:59)
Start4. How and why social brand building will dominate 2020 (21:28)
Start5. Full-funnel Facebook thinking (12:43)
Start6. Avoiding social audience fatigue and saturation (32:13)
Start7. More interactive & engaging Facebook video campaigns (27:24)
Start8. Latest updates for organic & paid evaluation (16:28)
Start9. Better balancing creative thinking with data (13:27)
Start10. Facebook’s bold new influencer marketing tools (11:15)
Start11. Maximising Branded Content, while managing brand safety (14:05)
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How can I get access to the Digital Live-Streams?
Access to all SMK Digital Live-Streams, and Playbacks, are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Digital Live-Streams take place every month, with Playbacks available on demand, for members. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
SMK: Digital Excellence is SMK’s new digital marketing community; created for individuals, agencies, Not-For-Profits and brands looking to stay at the forefront of digital disruption and marketing innovation. Find out more here.
Who is Digital Live-Stream for?
Simply put, Digital Live-streams are for anyone who needs to keep on top of the most important social media and digital marketing developments:
Why should I use Digital Live-Stream?
Keeping on top of the latest developments in social media, search, email, mobile, content, analytics etc. is hard. For example, the first six months of 2017 alone saw 28 Google search algorithm updates, according to SEMRush.
The major digital players roll out updates within their respective eco-systems weekly. Whether it’s Facebook News-Feed tweaks, Google search updates or new ad products launching within Instagram or LinkedIn. Ensuring your digital marketing activity is up-to-date can become a full-time job.
That’s where SMK: Digital Excellence comes in. You see, keeping on top of these weekly developments is, in fact, SMK’s fulltime job. Which means it doesn’t need to be yours.
Which is good.
It means you can do the job you get paid for. Confident in your digital Intellectual Property (IP). Ensuring you don’t get ‘upgraded’, for a more digitally savvy model…