What is Digital Live-Stream?
New to SMK: Digital Excellence, the Digital Live-stream is a monthly online live broadcast, which focuses exclusively on the latest digital marketing updates and developments on Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, FB Messenger, YouTube and Snapchat.
There are literally hundreds of platform updates, each quarter, which impact: digital strategy, tactics and implementation. However, they are not equally important.
SMK Digital Live-Stream identifies the key digital marketing updates, what they mean and how to apply them in your business.
This exclusive 3.5 hour Live-stream was hosted by SMK’s Executive Director; James Fitzgerald, on 4th October 2019. It features the most impactful Facebook & Messenger developments, latest market insights and platform updates between March - 4th October 2019.
This Facebook Live-Stream covered the following topics:
- What’s the point of social media management tools?
- Why Business Manager spells armageddon for social MarTech
- Shifting technology needs for digital marketing teams
- Facebook Business Manager’s important new features
- Making sense and organising Facebook’s marketing mess: Pixels, offline data, Pages, etc.
- Better ways for agencies and clients to work together
- Facebook Ads Manager’s new streamlined interface
- What you need; quicker, easier and less cluttered
- New and improved performance level insights on ad campaigns
- Why Audience Overlap kills Facebook ads
- How, where and why is audience overlap a problem for marketers
- Reducing audience overlap and working around the problem
- Getting ready for the annual fourth quarter squeeze
- Facebook organic and paid performance benchmarks
- Bargain Facebook ad opportunities and high performing organic ones
- Facebook Video: Live Video & Watch Party Updates
- Facebook Live’s improving feature set for marketers
- Expanded functionality for Page Watch Parties
- Why Branded Content is a godsend for brands and publishers alike
- New ways for brands and creators (influencers) to work together
- What Facebook’s new TV deals mean for marketers
- How Facebook’s legal firestorm makes life tough for brands
- New and increased privacy measures
- Reduced performance for ad targeting
- The problem with organic reach in social media
- Facebook’s Page and Group fusion
- Changes to organic post targeting
- Facebook FB5 redesign overview
- What less News Feed visibility means for marketers
- Tailoring content for multiple Facebook feeds
- Facebook’s Great ‘Like’ Cull
- How this impacts marketers and what to do about it
- Why likes were a weak performance metric, even at peak Facebook
- 2019 Facebook algorithm update summary
- Facebook’s new super-strict guidelines
- Rise of conversational marketing
- Facebook Messenger’s latest and greatest features
- The life and death of Messenger organic reach
- Messenger’s smart new lead generation tools and features
Preview1. Introduction & Agenda (10:15)
Start2. What’s the point of social media management tools (15:49)
Start3. Facebook Business Manager’s important new features (23:08)
Start4. Facebook Ads Manager’s new streamlined interface (11:15)
Start5. Why Audience Overlap kills Facebook ads (11:47)
Start6. Getting ready for the annual fourth quarter squeeze (21:51)
Start7. Facebook Video- Live Video & Watch Party Updates (14:07)
Start8. Why Branded Content is a godsend for brands and publishers alike (13:26)
Start9. How Facebook’s legal firestorm makes life tough for brands (15:03)
Start10. The problem with organic reach in social media (10:38)
Start11. Facebook FB5 redesign overview (5:31)
Start12. Facebook’s Great ‘Like’ Cull (10:53)
Start13. 2019 Facebook algorithm update summary (5:26)
Start14. Facebook Messenger’s latest and greatest features (9:35)
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How can I get access to the Digital Live-Streams?
Access to all SMK Digital Live-Streams, and Playbacks, are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Digital Live-Streams take place every month, with Playbacks available on demand, for members. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
SMK: Digital Excellence is SMK’s new digital marketing community; created for individuals, agencies, Not-For-Profits and brands looking to stay at the forefront of digital disruption and marketing innovation. Find out more here.
Who is Digital Live-Stream for?
Simply put, Digital Live-streams are for anyone who needs to keep on top of the most important social media and digital marketing developments:
Why should I use Digital Live-Stream?
Keeping on top of the latest developments in social media, search, email, mobile, content, analytics etc. is hard. For example, the first six months of 2017 alone saw 28 Google search algorithm updates, according to SEMRush.
The major digital players roll out updates within their respective eco-systems weekly. Whether it’s Facebook News-Feed tweaks, Google search updates or new ad products launching within Instagram or LinkedIn. Ensuring your digital marketing activity is up-to-date can become a full-time job.
That’s where SMK: Digital Excellence comes in. You see, keeping on top of these weekly developments is, in fact, SMK’s fulltime job. Which means it doesn’t need to be yours.
Which is good.
It means you can do the job you get paid for. Confident in your digital Intellectual Property (IP). Ensuring you don’t get ‘upgraded’, for a more digitally savvy model…