What is Digital Live-Stream?
New to SMK: Digital Excellence, the Digital Live-stream is a monthly online live broadcast, which focuses exclusively on the latest digital marketing updates and developments on Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, FB Messenger, YouTube and Snapchat.
There are literally hundreds of platform updates, each quarter, which impact: digital strategy, tactics and implementation. However, they are not equally important.
SMK Digital Live-Stream identifies the key digital marketing updates, what they mean and how to apply them in your business.
This exclusive 3.5 hour Live-stream was hosted by SMK’s Executive Director; James Fitzgerald. It features the most impactful Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest & Twitter developments, latest market insights and platform updates between July 2019 - 24th January 2020.
January's Live-stream covered the following topics:
- 2020 Social media strategy pivot
- 2019 Year in review
- The end of digital short-termism
- Instagram’s major breakthroughs and 2020 opportunities
- Declining organic reach and smarter Instagram ads
- Exciting influencer marketing features and developments
- Twitter’s engagement growth and latest opportunities
- Twitter pivot towards more conversational marketing
- Making the most of trending topic ad products
- LinkedIn’s gradual rise to the top of the social tree
- Why LinkedIn is on course to become the main corporate comms channel
- Making the most of LinkedIn ads, video and groups in 2020
- Snapchat and Pinterest’s 2019 revival and strong 2020 outlook
- Snapchat’s got its mojo back with Gen Z
- Pinterest’s world-leading visual discovery edge
- Why and how to market on TikTok in 2020
- Platform overview and 2020 feature launches
- TikTok’s growing influencer play
- Challenges and opportunities for Instagram influencer campaigns
- Impacts and effects of Instagram’s *Likes* removal
- Instagram’s influencer cross-over with Facebook
- Content marketing on Instagram this year
- How to survive falling organic reach
- Making Instagram Stories great again
- Boosting Instagram ad engagement
- Adding more interactive elements to campaigns
- How to tailor and optimise ad creative across placements
- Personalising social ad experiences
- Popular Dynamic and AR (Augmented Reality) ad features
- Understanding changes to the Facebook Learning Phase
Preview1. Agenda (10:50)
Start2. 2020 Social media strategy pivot (33:32)
Start3. Instagram’s major breakthroughs and 2020 opportunities (17:53)
Start5. LinkedIn’s gradual rise to the top of the social tree (17:54)
Start4. Twitter’s engagement growth and latest opportunities (12:17)
Start6. Snapchat and Pinterest’s 2019 revival and strong 2020 outlook (8:21)
Start7. Why and how to market on TikTok in 2020 (21:48)
Start8. Challenges and opportunities for Instagram influencer campaigns (10:46)
Start9. Content marketing on Instagram this year (9:15)
Start10. Boosting Instagram ad engagement (11:51)
Start11. Personalising social ad experiences (21:06)
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How can I get access to the Digital Live-Streams?
Access to all SMK Digital Live-Streams, and Playbacks, are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Digital Live-Streams take place every month, with Playbacks available on demand, for members. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
SMK: Digital Excellence is SMK’s new digital marketing community; created for individuals, agencies, Not-For-Profits and brands looking to stay at the forefront of digital disruption and marketing innovation. Find out more here.
Who is Digital Live-Stream for?
Simply put, Digital Live-streams are for anyone who needs to keep on top of the most important social media and digital marketing developments:
Why should I use Digital Live-Stream?
Keeping on top of the latest developments in social media, search, email, mobile, content, analytics etc. is hard. For example, the first six months of 2017 alone saw 28 Google search algorithm updates, according to SEMRush.
The major digital players roll out updates within their respective eco-systems weekly. Whether it’s Facebook News-Feed tweaks, Google search updates or new ad products launching within Instagram or LinkedIn. Ensuring your digital marketing activity is up-to-date can become a full-time job.
That’s where SMK: Digital Excellence comes in. You see, keeping on top of these weekly developments is, in fact, SMK’s fulltime job. Which means it doesn’t need to be yours.
Which is good.
It means you can do the job you get paid for. Confident in your digital Intellectual Property (IP). Ensuring you don’t get ‘upgraded’, for a more digitally savvy model…