What is Digital Live-Stream?
New to SMK: Digital Excellence, the Digital Live-stream is a monthly online live broadcast, which focuses exclusively on the latest digital marketing updates and developments on Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, FB Messenger, YouTube and Snapchat.
There are literally hundreds of platform updates, each quarter, which impact: digital strategy, tactics and implementation. However, they are not equally important.
SMK Digital Live-Stream identifies the key digital marketing updates, what they mean and how to apply them in your business.
This exclusive 3.5 hour Live-stream was hosted by SMK’s Executive Director; James Fitzgerald, on 17th April 2020. It features the most impactful Facebook & Messenger developments, latest market insights and platform updates between Sept 2019 - Mar 2020.
This Facebook Live-Stream covered the following topics:
- Smart Digital Marketing In Tough Conditions
- Marketing beyond JUST advertising
- Big ideas and marginal gains
- COVID1-19 Comms on Facebook
- Managing crisis communications
- New platform features & functions
- Facebook’s Shifting Live Video Product Roadmap
- Smart Live video editing and production
- Facebook Producer Live feature overview
- New & Improved Facebook Video Features
- How to boost organic video discovery and reach
- Creating interactive video ads
- 2020 Digital Marketing Budgets & Forecasts
- Why Facebook will come off worse than Google
- Balancing short-term & longer-term thinking
- Facebook’s Pivot To Messenger
- How COVID-19 is driving up Messenger usage
- Thinking about smart Messenger campaigns
- Balancing Organic & Paid Facebook Activity
- Why SEO is a better bet than Facebook organic activity
- Facebook’s cheap as chips ad campaigns
- Facebook Ad Approvals & Learning Phase Problems
- Reducing issues with ad approvals
- Surviving the Facebook ad Learning Phase?
- Facebook Ads Library & Creative Hub Updates
- Snooping and analysing rivals’ ad campaigns
- Streamlining and optimising ads via the new Creative Hub
Preview1. Agenda (14:36)
Start2. Smart Digital Marketing In Tough Conditions (56:22)
Start3. COVID-19 Comms on Facebook (22:34)
Start4. Facebook's Shifting Live Video Product Roadmap (61:38)
Start5. New Improved Facebook Video Features (31:44)
Start6. 2020 Digital Marketing Budgets Forecasts (20:21)
Start7. Facebook's Pivot To Messenger (10:07)
Start8. Balancing Organic Paid Facebook Activity (27:39)
Start9. Facebook Ad Approvals Learning Phase Problems (16:33)
Start10. Facebook Ads Library Creative Hub Updates (8:53)
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How can I get access to the Digital Live-Streams?
Access to all SMK Digital Live-Streams, and Playbacks, are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Digital Live-Streams take place every month, with Playbacks available on demand, for members. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
SMK: Digital Excellence is SMK’s new digital marketing community; created for individuals, agencies, Not-For-Profits and brands looking to stay at the forefront of digital disruption and marketing innovation. Find out more here.
Who is Digital Live-Stream for?
Simply put, Digital Live-streams are for anyone who needs to keep on top of the most important social media and digital marketing developments:
Why should I use Digital Live-Stream?
Keeping on top of the latest developments in social media, search, email, mobile, content, analytics etc. is hard. For example, the first six months of 2017 alone saw 28 Google search algorithm updates, according to SEMRush.
The major digital players roll out updates within their respective eco-systems weekly. Whether it’s Facebook News-Feed tweaks, Google search updates or new ad products launching within Instagram or LinkedIn. Ensuring your digital marketing activity is up-to-date can become a full-time job.
That’s where SMK: Digital Excellence comes in. You see, keeping on top of these weekly developments is, in fact, SMK’s fulltime job. Which means it doesn’t need to be yours.
Which is good.
It means you can do the job you get paid for. Confident in your digital Intellectual Property (IP). Ensuring you don’t get ‘upgraded’, for a more digitally savvy model…