2022 Social Media Trends Playback - August 2022
About this Event
Social Media Trends Labs delve into the latest data 📊 and performance insights from the major social networks, unpicking platform and behavioural trends, and identifying underexploited marketing and communications opportunities.
August's 2022 Social Media Trends Lab explored 🧠 how social strategy is evolving post-COVID and why a combination of platform updates, user quirks and even government regulation are changing the game in 2022. We examined:
1. What are the defining social media trends of 2022? 🤔
2. How and why is Instagram struggling with younger users? 😱
3. Why TikTok will have its biggest year yet? 🚀
4. Nearly a year after Apple's iOS 14 updates, how are social campaigns tracking? ⬇
5. Why will video watch-time trump social engagement as a KPI in 2022? 🎬
6. How best to integrate social ads and influencer marketing? 💲
7. How and why will video dominate in 2022? 🎞
8. Why should businesses favour organic conversions over organic reach? 📈
9. Why is micro social ad targeting becoming a thing of the past? 😭
10. Why are some businesses favouring Google & YouTube over Facebook? 🎯
Social Trends Labs are facilitated by SMK's Executive Director of Programming, James Fitzgerald. Connect with James on LinkedIn here: https://bit.ly/36VZtez
James is one of the world's leading digital marketing educators and analysts, having trained 15,000+ senior decision-makers from the world's largest organisations, brands and agencies.
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
Become a Member to access 30+ hours of leading-edge industry content monthly
Join SMK: Digital Excellence and access all online courses as they are released PLUS all Strategy Labs, Technical Labs, Facebook Working Group Member Support and Live-Streams, for 12 months
SMK releases between 25-35 hours of new leading-edge, digital marketing eLearning course content each month, touching on everything from Facebook Marketing, to Google Analytics, Digital Copywriting and much more.Join hundreds of marketers today, from organisations like Sydney Metro, News Corp, Meat & Livestock Australia, Australian Youth Orchestra, Tourism Bendigo, Precision Group, Department of Education (QLD), City of Playford, Working Style (NZ), Timberland (NZ), Asics (NZ).
Get started now!
Who is this Trends Lab for?
Simply put, this course is for anyone who works with social media or online digital marketing: