Why sit this course?
Design Like A Pro, Even If You’re not
How to turn design fundamentals into killer digital creative
Turn ‘Pretty’ Creative Into High Converting Creative
Take design to a higher level, by applying conversion rate optimisation (CRO)
Combining Science, Psychology & Data In Design To Win
Great design takes place at the intersection of creative flair and intelligence
Optimal Digital Design: Tailored, Targeted & Scalable
One-size-fits-all design is dead, mass-personalisation rules online…
Must-Use Tools For Designing Killer Content
Cutting edge design, analytics, tracking & AI tools for killer design
What content is covered in this Course?
- Understanding different design frameworks
- Overview of major design methodologies
- Design processes reviewed and explained
- What are the six major design elements?
- The five most common design principles explained
- Key differences between digital and non-digital design
Kicking tools for simple, snappy creative & design
- Adobe vs. Canva + More
- Handy, quick online design templates
- Easy video creation tools
- Top apps for iphoneography, etc.
- Proven, high-converting tools for landing pages and online funnels
Understanding online user behaviour
- How do consumers ACTUALLY consume content online
- Psychology of design, colour, layout and online conversions
- Mobile vs. desktop behavioural analysis
- Cutting edge insights from eye-tracking studies
- Conversion optimisation design secrets
Tailoring design for key points in digital user journey
- ‘So long’ one-size-fits-all creative
- ‘Hello’ mass-personalisation and targeting
- Building brand and awareness with emotive design
- Engagement and authenticity to sustain user retention
- Clutter-free, concise design to drive conversions
High performing design insights by channel
- When and when-not to use landing pages
- Designing high converting landing pages
- High impact email design principles for 2018+
- Must-Know design features for Facebook News-Feed
- Using Facebook Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Ad design
- Maxing Google & YouTube super-smart Ad design tools
Optimising design with analytics, testing & tracking tools
- Assessing user journeys in Google Analytics
- Making the most of Google Optimizer
- Creating funnels from content to conversions
- Recording and heatmapping your website behaviour
- Easy polling tools and user surveys
- Leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) in design
2019, and beyond, digital design trends
- How are quirky animations/gifs bringing design to life?
- Is flat design starting to fall flat?
- Will custom artwork grab bored social scrollers?
- Time to get BOLD with fonts and typography
- Photography: less stock, more authentic
Preview1. Training Agenda (18:32)
Start2. An Introduction To Digital Design - Websites To Facebook (31:41)
Start3. Why Design Best Practice May Not Always Be Best (11:08)
Start4. Design Concepts, Mood-boarding Tools & Mock-ups (18:49)
Start5. Objectively Measuring Digital Design (34:15)
Start6. Popular Digital Design Evaluation Tools and Techniques (38:58)
Start7. Why Modern Web Design & App Design Are Converging (29:24)
Start8. Purpose-driven Web Design, Getting Beyond 'Stuff' (19:01)
Start9. Don't Make Users Think (13:51)
Start10. Page Layout and Optimising Design To Improve Mobile Load Speeds (32:49)
Start11. The Rise Of Minimalist Design and Visual Communication (16:38)
Start12. Designing Mobile-friendly and Thumb-friendly Emails (30:04)
Start13. Synergising Online Advertising Strategies and Creative (28:28)
Start14. Social Content Production Tools and Techniques (16:01)
Start15. Leveraging Machine Learning In Online Ad Design (12:26)
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How does the Pricing work?
Become a member and access all courses
Join SMK: Digital Excellence and access all online courses as they are released PLUS all Live-Streams for 12 months
Access to all SMK Online Courses and Digital Live-Streams are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Over 100 hours of online courses will be released throughout 2019 as well as monthly Digital Live-Streams covering the most up-to-date optimisations and platform updates. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
Access this course only
Get instant access to this online course for 30 days, for only $695 +GST.
Get started now!
Who is this course for?
Simply put, this course is for anyone who works with Designers or Creatives and are looking to understand the basics of design and artworking.