Why sit this course?
Start Seeing Real $$$$ From Your Digital Spend
Start tracking leads, conversions and behavioural change in a meaningful way
Use Google Analytics To Accurately Evaluate Marketing Spend With Attribution Modelling
The customer journey is fragmented, develop a marketing attribution model to link cause and business effect
In-depth Marketing Insights Using Advanced Google Analytics Features
Unlock and interpret advanced Google Analytics tracking and evaluation features
Get Beyond Basic ‘Likes’ & Start Putting A $$$ Value On Activity
Learn how to move beyond rudimentary awareness metrics and start tying activity to lead generation and acquisition
Use Google Analytics To Get The Truth On Campaign Performance
Finally find out if and how marketing activity is moving the business needle
What content is covered in this Course?
Latest website analytics research and usage stats
- Understanding the importance and role of data and analytics in decision making
- Appreciating and understanding its evolution over time
Defining a web analytics framework to measure success
- Defining a system for lead generation and lead nurturing
- How to measure brand awareness online
- Defining website goals and tracking performance
- Analysing and interpreting user behaviour to unlock audience intentions
Understand the key features and advanced applications of Google Analytics
- Using dashboards to simplify data and for ease of analysis
- Overview and explanation of important Google Analytics language and jargon
- How to interpret and understand traffic data
- Understanding user behaviours and how to visualise conversion funnels
- Getting to grips with conversions and assisted conversions
- Introducing Universal Analytics and Google Analytics Premium
Benchmarking across campaigns and identifying hidden trends
Understanding the user journey and attributing success where it is due
- Appreciating the role of different channels in the conversion cycle
- Which channels are good closers?
- Which channels are best for awareness?
- Giving credit where it is due to both closers and awareness generators
- How to accurately attribute conversions in a multi-channel campaign
- Developing an attribution framework across all channels
- Integrating offline and online data to understand the customer journey
Creating a culture of testing and analytics
- Test it. Prove it. Do it. Unless it fails. Then try something else.
- Understanding digital data sources and their limitations
Preview1. Training Agenda (9:22)
Start2. Google Analytics & Big Data Background (13:48)
Start3. Ensuring Google Analytics Is Installed and Functioning Correctly (17:05)
Start4. Structuring & Scaling Google Analytics Effectively (33:06)
Start5. Establishing and Tracking Analytics Conversions (66:14)
Start6. Data Manipulation Tactics & Techniques To Find Hidden Insights (45:37)
Start7. Campaign Tagging Best Practice To Ensure Data Integrity (18:43)
Start8. Marketing Attribution Beyond ‘Last-Click-Wins’ (18:34)
Start9. Handy Acquisition, Behaviour and Audience Insights (20:32)
Start10. Convenient & Time-Saving Analytics Dashboards (9:37)
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How does the Pricing work?
Become an SMK member for unlimited course access
Join SMK: Digital Excellence and access all online courses as they are released PLUS all Strategy Training Courses, Member Clinics, Technical Labs, Facebook Working Group Member Support and Live-Streams
SMK releases between 25-35 hours of new leading-edge, digital marketing eLearning course content each month, touching on everything from Facebook Marketing, to Google Analytics, Digital Copywriting and much more. Digital Excellence Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
Join hundreds of marketers today, from organisations like Sydney Metro, News Corp, Meat & Livestock Australia, Australian Youth Orchestra, Tourism Bendigo, Precision Group, Department of Education (QLD), City of Playford, Working Style (NZ), Timberland (NZ), Asics (NZ).
- Access this course only
Get instant access to this online course for 30 days
Get started now!
Who is this course for?
Simply put, this course is for anyone who works in online marketing or is looking to start effectively evaluating online activity: