What is Digital Live-Stream?
New to SMK: Digital Excellence, the Digital Live-stream is a monthly online live broadcast, which focuses exclusively on the latest digital marketing updates and developments on Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, FB Messenger, YouTube and Snapchat.
There are literally hundreds of platform updates, each quarter, which impact: digital strategy, tactics and implementation. However, they are not equally important.
SMK Digital Live-Stream identifies the key digital marketing updates, what they mean and how to apply them in your business.
This exclusive 3 hour Live-stream was hosted by SMK’s Executive Director; James Fitzgerald, on Wednesday 18th July 2018. It features the most impactful Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest & Twitter developments, latest market insights and platform updates between January - 17th July 2018.
What is featured in this Digital Live-Stream?
Latest 2018 quarterly insights: usage, revenue, opportunities etc.
- Daily Instagram and Snapchat usage closing gap on FB
- How and why Insta is driving Facebook
- Why Snapchat is a must for millennials and younger
- Marketers loving Snapchat’s bargain ads
- Marketers feeling Twitter video love
- Why Twitter still matters in AU/NZ
How to maximise the launch of Instagram TV
- What is Instagram TV (IGTV)
- Why B2C marketers need to be all in
- Creating an IGTV channel for brands
- Integrating IGTV with Instagram
- Tracking and analysing IGTV
- Rocketing organic reach on Instagram
- Producing smashing vertical, full-screen video
Instagram’s awesome organic reach opportunities
- Insta content algorithm explained
- Insta organic myths dispelled
- Why Facebook should copy Insta’s new News Feed
- Instagram’s Stories goes from strength to strength
LinkedIn’s content marketing opportunities
- LinkedIn algorithm reviewed
- Top performing LinkedIn content
- User and business video updates
- Leveraging staff to skyrocket awareness
- LinkedIn Group renaissance
- LinkedIn Elevate review
Social e-commerce updates
- Instagram Shoppable posts updates
- Setting up Shoppable posts
- Shopping via Instagram Stories
- New Instagram conversion opportunities
- Instagram for cafes, restaurants, hair salons, etc.
- Pinterest Shopping updates
Winning with Stories in social media
- Content best practice for Stories
- Why no one cares about your logo
- Stories content versus News Feed content
- Making Stories more interactive
Latest paid updates and opportunities
- Super smart new Snapchat Stories ads
- Snapchat Pixel update
- Advanced new geo-targeting on Snapchat
- Snapchat’s new foot traffic tracking
- New Insta carousel ads
- Reducing LinkedIn CPCs with carousel ads
- Setting up LinkedIn carousel ads
- LinkedIn video and lead gen ads
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How can I get access to the Digital Live-Streams?
Access to all SMK Digital Live-Streams, and Playbacks, are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Digital Live-Streams take place every month, with Playbacks available on demand, for members. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
SMK: Digital Excellence is SMK’s new digital marketing community; created for individuals, agencies, Not-For-Profits and brands looking to stay at the forefront of digital disruption and marketing innovation. Find out more here.
Who is Digital Live-Stream for?
Simply put, Digital Live-streams are for anyone who needs to keep on top of the most important social media and digital marketing developments:
Why should I use Digital Live-Stream?
Keeping on top of the latest developments in social media, search, email, mobile, content, analytics etc. is hard. For example, the first six months of 2017 alone saw 28 Google search algorithm updates, according to SEMRush.
The major digital players roll out updates within their respective eco-systems weekly. Whether it’s Facebook News-Feed tweaks, Google search updates or new ad products launching within Instagram or LinkedIn. Ensuring your digital marketing activity is up-to-date can become a full-time job.
That’s where SMK: Digital Excellence comes in. You see, keeping on top of these weekly developments is, in fact, SMK’s fulltime job. Which means it doesn’t need to be yours.
Which is good.
It means you can do the job you get paid for. Confident in your digital Intellectual Property (IP). Ensuring you don’t get ‘upgraded’, for a more digitally savvy model…