Why sit this course?
Ensure Your Digital Copy Is 2019 Proof
Facebook and Google move copy goalposts weekly, don’t get left behind
Crafting Sticky Digital Copy Which Grabs Attention
Tap into leading-edge digital insights on online user behaviour and psychology
How To Avoid Social News Feeds Killing Your Copywriting
Social News Feed algorithms are the main digital gate-keeper, find out how to win
Optimising Copywriting For Different Digital Channel
Google, FB, Snap, Insta, etc. have content nuances. One size does not fit all
What Does Google & FB’s Mobile Pivot Mean For Copywriting?
Most copywriters are toast, learn how to survive and thrive in a mobile-first world
What content is covered in this Course?
Digital copywriting vs. Traditional copywriting
- What are the important differences?
- What is the same?
- How does copywriting differ between the major digital channels?
- Key differences between organic and paid online copy
- Online content consumption by user demographics
Top tools for editing digital content
- Image, video and audio libraries
- Editing and production tools
- Content distribution and management tools
User Experience (UX) best practice in digital copywriting
- Must-know audience maps to pre-empt user needs/wants
- Creating and using Personas and Scenarios
- Understanding psychology of web users
- Ensuring tone resonates with online users
- Mapping key user journeys
- Creating content for different points in marketing funnel
Insights and research on best performing content, by channel:
- Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat & Pinterest
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Understanding social newsfeeds want
- How to structure high-performing organic content
- Drafting content which drives engagement
- Working within different social copy-limits
- Short and long form social content
- Optimising social content with mobile in mind
- Leveraging visual story-telling in content
- Using dark posts to test content
- Understanding UX website fundamentals
- Ensuring site content is mobile friendly
- Landing page best practice
- SEO On-page optimisation best practices
- Managing user journey with content
- Using video and visual content to persuade
- Creating content which generates in-bound links
- Creating emails people live to open
- Subject line A/B testing best practice
- Email template design and UX best practice
- Maximising rich media to drive engagement
- Driving open rates and conversions with text-based emails
Online ad copywriting
- Understanding nuances between channels
- Killer ad copy for Google AdWords
- Making high converting Facebook ads
- When to ‘Sell vs. Tell’
Preview1. Training Agenda (8:53)
Start2. Challenges For Online Copywriters (18:45)
Start3. Effectively Measuring Results (17:21)
Start4. Why Owned Media And Google Are Back In Vogue (18:16)
Start5. Understanding Search Intent To Win With SEO (33:20)
Start6. Organic Keyword Research Tools and Techniques (17:20)
Start7. Structuring Keywords, Copy and Content For SEO (29:11)
Start8. Mobile Optimising Web Copy (31:16)
Start9. Email and Social Stories Friendly Content (39:40)
Start10. Crafting Copy For Social Algorithms (37:35)
Start11. Producing High Performing Online Ad Copy (45:19)
James Fitzgerald is the Executive Director of Programming at SMK.
SMK is a specialist learning and development organisation which exists to help businesses use social media, mobile and digital channels more effectively.
As Executive Director of Programming James is responsible for devising and developing all blue chip and corporate education programs. James is one of the most widely respected figures in digital marketing in APAC, having educated over 15,000 senior business decision makers on how they can use these channels more effectively, including leaders from: United Nations, Air NZ, MYER, McDonalds, NAB, P&G, Tourism Australia, Ralph Lauren, Westfield and various Government departments, to name just a few.
How does the Pricing work?
Become a member and access all courses
Join SMK: Digital Excellence and access all online courses as they are released PLUS all Live-Streams for 12 months
Access to all SMK Online Courses and Digital Live-Streams are available for SMK's Digital Excellence members. Over 100 hours of online courses will be released throughout 2019 as well as monthly Digital Live-Streams covering the most up-to-date optimisations and platform updates. Membership packages start from just $85 +GST /month with plans for individuals and teams available.
Access this course only
Get instant access to this online course for 30 days, for only $695 +GST.
Get started now!
Who is this course for?
Simply put, this course is for anyone who works with Online Marketing and copywriting or is looking to enhance their copy online .